Environmental Control Policy
Answer is committed to the achievement of outstanding environmental performance and sustainable development of natural and built environments for the benefit of present and future generations. Answer considers environmental protection as an essential business responsibility and encourages all employees to take interest in the preservation of the natural environment.
Answer recognises that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably impact on the environment in several ways and are committed to reduce that impact through continual improvement in our environmental performance. This is achieved through our Environmental Management System that aims to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ensures our business processes are carefully monitored, measured, and controlled to promote continual improvement in our environmental performance. Formal accreditation will be sought in 2021.
Answer makes the following commitments both in respect of its own activities and, where appropriate, in its influence over the wider community:
- To reduce our demand for natural resources to improve efficiency and to increase reliance on renewable energy sources.
- To seek to minimise the waste produced from our activities, to recycle and to support the implementation of our environmental policy.
- To be mindful of the impacts of climate change of the delivery of our services and increase the resilience of our services to environmental impacts.
- To prevent environmental harm or pollution incidents at all by ensuring our working practices comply with all relevant legislation.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of our environmental standards and share responsibilities and encourage improvement in our activities.
- Through wider policies to protect and enhance the biodiversity and natural environment of England and Wales.
- To maintain continuous improvement by reviewing corporate policies and strategies to ensure integration of sustainable development principles and practices.
- To keep interested parties informed of its environmental performance.
- To ensure that all our staff have a sound understanding of environmental issues relating to our business and provide appropriate training for those with specific responsibilities.
- To comply with all legislation, Government guidelines, codes of practice and regulations.
- To maintain the records of monitoring, review, and update of this policy.
Answer aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Approach all of Answer strategic planning, risk management and decision making with the aim of minimising negative environmental impact.
- Ensure all members of staff understand fully the contribution they can make to improve environmental performance.
- Ensure the compliance with all state, local, and international procedures to be followed to minimise the impact of Answer operations.
Answer Leadership is committed to ensure that we:
- Employ systems and procedures that ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and other requirements relating to the environment.
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Set documented environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects, compliance obligations and considering our risks and opportunities.
- Provide employee training to enhance environmental awareness of our staff, this ensures environmental issues are considered when managing our premises and planning, implementing, and undertaking all projects.
- Promote a sustainable approach to business, in partnership with our clients and other stakeholders by conserving energy, minimising consumption, preferring low pollution materials, and maximising efficiency.
- Ensure that we integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions. Are committed to preventing pollution and to minimising the environmental impact, including disposal of plants, equipment, and other physical assets under our control.
- Minimise the amount of waste to landfill: ELIMINATE, REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE.
- Are committed to continual improvement in our environmental performance.
- Put controls in place to protect the environment from any significant environmental aspects and impacts arising from our work activities.
- Will measure our Carbon Footprint and take account of carbon management in our business decisions to reduce our contribution to climate change.
This policy is communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
Answer fully accepts its responsibility to protect the environment in all its business activities by adopting best practice industry standards and guidelines. The policy will be reviewed annually and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Our full policy is available to interested parties, upon reasonable request.
All persons working with or for Answer will receive full support to ensure the EMS is fully understood, implemented, and maintained. It is Answer’s responsibility to ensure the EMS is implemented correctly and its effectiveness is maintained through monitoring, control, audit, and review.
Gary Parlett – Managing Director, Answer