Utilising the right team, which involved Answer's experienced agile practitioners, working closely as part of a multi-supplier/ in-house team of software developers, the programme's clinical leadership and informatics technical and project experts, to refine and enhance the EPR system (ppm+). This EPR system has brought to life the Trust's vision for a single view of patient information.
This close, collaborative way of working has transformed the way the Trust delivers software to support its patients and clinicians. It has also transformed the roles of senior clinicians who are now an integral part of the delivery team. Answer was also instrumental in the introduction and adoption of proven agile delivery methods within LTHT.
Utilising the right process, Answer delivered:
- New functionality delivered into the hospital sites every six weeks.
- Agile toolset (Buildfactory®) to manage the process, together with automated testing.
- Agile process which allows rapid response to business requirements, high priority needs and hot fixes.
- Electronic Whiteboard functionality is now available on every inpatient ward.
- Nurse for Informatics and CNIO.
Using the right technology Answer were involved in the re-architecture of the EPR to:
- Dramatically increase system performance.
- Enhance user experience across desktop and mobile devices.
- Accelerate the development of new functionality.
- Improve accessibility of patient data throughout LTHT, the regional trusts and the Leeds Care Record (GP Practices and other local health organisations).
Using the right technology Answer has been very involved in developing the functionality to deliver eWhiteboards, an interactive patient view on each ward which replaces the old manual whiteboards.