When Answer Digital started working with CVL, the company had around 12,000 HGVs under management. The amount of paperwork generated by these vehicles was huge – each required an average of nine
scheduled ‘events’ a year, from services to MOTs.
When unscheduled events were added, like flat tyres and breakdowns, the paperwork was bordering on the unmanageable. The time and effort it took to process this paperwork – and to pay suppliers – was growing as the company expanded.
CVL’s head of IT Geoff Swaby approached Answer Digital with an idea for a digital transformation.
Working together, Geoff and the Answer team moved CVL’s previously manual paper/fax heavy processes online
by providing a supplier portal (called CV Link) and a customer portal (CV Live).
This agile and relatively low cost (circa £80k) project has transformed how CVL operates. It is now the second
biggest supplier of haulage vehicles in UK, and is making inroads toward the top spot.
Since the project’s completion:
- Approaching 90% of all CVL's business goes through the new system
- Around 1,000 of CVL’s suppliers use the system
- There has been a 50% reduction in admin staff to manage the supplier process
- Customer/supplier satisfaction has improved significantly
- Supplier and customer response times have been dramatically reduced
- 50% reduction in admin staff
- Absolute visibility of every supplier contract and powerful reporting functions
- Hugely improved customer/supplier satisfaction
- Response times have been dramatically reduced
- CV Link is a major factor in attracting new business